Coffee, Dates, Walnut Bread Recipe
- 1 cup diced pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnut or pecans
- Place the diced dates in a small bowl, and sprinkle with baking soda.
- Heat coffee to boiling, and pour over the dates and soda. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the butter, sugar and egg until well blended.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Blend in the flour and salt, then fold in the nuts and dates mixture.
- Transfer the batter to the loaf pan.
- Grease n flour an 8×4 inch loaf pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until the top of the loaf springs back when lightly touched.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Allow it to cool completely on a wire rack